About the WFA blog

Are you a Worden researcher, or are you interested in Worden genealogy? Do you want to communicate with other Worden researchers? Are you stuck at a brick wall and are searching for help to break through your brick wall? Are you searching for records that you hope exist, but you’ve been unable to find them?

Please post comments or inquiries for others to reply to.

11 Responses to “About the WFA blog”

1. Pat Warden says:

Let’s try this:

Does anyone have any new information about the ancestry of Samuel Worden of Boston who married Mehitable Hinckley 24 March 1659?

2. Marianne Lancaster says:

I am currently assisting in researching a project on the 13th Michigan Infantry. We are compiling a diary of the regiment and currently have over 2000 pages of letters, diaries, newspaper articles and official reports. We want to get as complete a picture as possible of these men. We want to know who they were, where they came from and what happened to them during and after the war. Frederick W Worden was a member of this unit. If you have any information on him that you would be will to share with us, please contact me. We will gladly share any information we might have on him.
    Marianne Lancaster

3. Shae says:

My Worden line is through John ‘The Centenarian’ Worden. See website link for tree.

4. larry wales says:

my gggrandmother was phoebe worden brown b.smyrna ny. 11/16/1824 sister lucy worden harrington b. s. kingstown 2/27/1817, father gideon worden b. richmond 1777-78 mother phebe gavet bates worden all buried in chenango co. as well as esther elnora worden, dau. of gideon & polly smith. gideon’s father and mother were john worden 2nd & elizabeth babcock worden. gideon was living with his dau. lucy worden harrington at time of his death. have copy of o. n. worden’s book was probably phoebe’s passed down to my grandmother helen brown wales. brown’s also from ri. have connection to some sheldon’s also thru brown’s. welcome any replies e-mail me thanks larry

5. bill says:

This is a response at the comment level.

6. olive Hoffman says:

I have been trying to find more info on Margaret Warden [Worden?] who md. Joseph Merrifield in Boston on 27 Jan 1703 as his second wife. She is my 7th great grandmother.

The marriage record states: Warden, Margaret & Joseph Merryfeeld, Jan. 27, 1703 by Mr. James Allen.

I have just looked through Boston VRs for the years before her possible birth and long after, but nothing found. It has been found on internet (like Ancestral File which is possibly influencing us all) that she was possibly the d/o of Dr. Samuel Worden of Boston. But in looking at the records just now I find so little on Worden (nothing on Warden) and it was:
    (1680 – 1699)
    TOWN RECORDS: (nothing in church records)
    1686: Mary of Samuel & Mehetable Worden born May 4 (p. 171)
    1689: Eliza of Samuel & Eliza. Worden born Feb. 19 ( p. 186)
    1691: Samuel Worden dyed Janry 12 (p. 199)
    1692: Eliza of Samuel & Mehitabel Worden dyed May 18 (p. 204)

Any ideas?

7. Ron SMith says:

I am looking for Michigan connections that lead back before settling in Michigan. My Grandmother was Bertha Lillian Worden daughter of Robert J Worden. saniac county Michigan I am new to this so please forgive my ignorance in posing a question . THankyou

8. Nicole says:

I have started a family tree for my granddaughters. My son (their father) is a descendant of John Wesley Worden via John Salter, Milton May and Earl (son of Druzilla and Milton). I am going to have him do the DNA testing soon but right now I am having an issue. Earl and Lila had a son, Gale Walter Worden, who was born in 1941, more than likely in Klamath Falls, Oregon and died in 1967. He was in the US Navy and is buried in Beeville, Texas. The only thing I can find on him is the SS death index record. It’s like he never existed. I am hoping someone out there can help and I hope it is ok for me to ask for help on this site but I don’t know where to go next. We can’t even find Lila’s last name. Thank you very much!

9. John Worden says:

Hello from John Worden of Minnetrista Minnesota,
    Originally form Des Moines Iowa. 68 years old.

Vietnam Veteran and was an Art Director in the Advertising Business in Minneapolis for 35 years.

I want to tell you about my book Called “THE MORGUE TRUCK”
    My Vietnam War experiences and the battles of Vietnam ’67 ’68

The book is on http://www.amazon.com search: The Morgue Truck
    Paperback, Kindle, e-reader and FREE in the lending library.

Thank You! I’m also on Facebook john.worden.58@facebook.com

10. ReeseIII says:

I am still locked up at the brick wall pertaining to Edmund W, b 1779 and trying to get anything at all in re to his wives and children, one of which is my gggrandfather, Harvey L. W., all from New Paltz, NY area.